Filed In: Fashion
Do you ever fall into the deep hole of Instagram and realize an hour later you’re scrolling through vacation photos of someone you don’t even know?! Guilty. Social media can be a total time waster, but it can also be a source of inspiration. I love getting ideas after seeing beautiful vacation photos and it’s fun to keep up with friends’ summer travels too. I was looking at photos from my parent’s trip to Italy just imagining my afternoon sitting on a balcony on the Amalfi Coast enjoying wine and a charcuterie plate. Doesn’t that sound divine? Sadly that’s not on today’s agenda, but here’s how-to get that glam “On Vacay in Italy” look even if you’re stuck stateside!
Get that “On Vacation in Italy” Look
Straw Hat: Hat Attack (less expensive option here) / Sunglasses: Ray-Ban / Cropped White Tee: Topshop / Circle Earrings: Soko / Gold Cuff: Soko /Headband: Missoni / Wicker Satchel: J.McLaughlin (straw clutch here) / Skirt: Dodo Bar Or (also available here and here)/ Lace-Up Sandals: Madewell
- Blue ruffle wrap skirt here. Hurry it’s selling out quickly! ($98 before 25% discount)
- Black & White gingham skirt by English Factory here. Available in all sizes. ($50)
- Pretty, pink, and pleated skirt here. Matching halter crop top sold separately here. ($95 and $60 respectively)
Need a little height with the comfort of sneakers? These darling ‘lemon’ espadrilles will give you an inch and play into the southern Italy theme.
See more summer styles in my last post here.
Memorial Day weekend is the official start of summer in my book! 2017 is flying by! I’m looking forward to summer weddings, weekend trips, and a family vacation to Telluride, Colorado. Shopping for occasions and putting together new looks is always fun! Check out some of my favorite summer trends:
Beach photograph: Gray Malin / Bright earrings: MISA and Tuckernuck / Beach Paddles: SunnyLife / Floral Midi-Dress: Saloni / Straw Clutch: KAYU / One-Shoulder Swimsuit: Solid & Striped / Circle Straw Bag: Aranaz / White Denim Shorts: J.Crew / Stripe Off the Shoulder Dress: Do+Be / Crisscross Slides: Topshop / Block Heel Sandals: J.Crew
- STRAW BAGS. Straw totes and clutches have been everywhere lately and come in all shapes and sizes, some with various embellishments like pompoms or tassels. The monogrammed basket from M’oda Operandi is a little outrageous for a straw bag; get the same look for a fraction of the cost on Etsy here!
- BRIGHT COLORS. A pop of color never hurt anyone! These pineapple shorts paired with a solid top is an easy summer look. If wearing neon isn’t your thing, maybe opt for a hot pink flamingo pool float. 🙂
- STRIPES. Stripes are here to stay. This fit and flare dress would be perfect for a casual summer party paired with these espadrilles or heels.
- FLORAL PRINTS. I recently purchased this top from Revolve. It looks adorable with white shorts or jeans and looks more expensive than it is!
- SLIDES. At first I thought the slide/mule trend was a little grandma-ish…who’s with me? BUT, I’ve fully embraced it now because they’re so easy to throw on and comfortable too. This strappy pair would go with a ton throughout the summer.
Happy December! It’s hard to believe Christmastime is officially here and holiday parties are in full swing! Today I’m sharing some holiday style inspiration for all occasions. Whether you’re out shopping, headed to a family gathering, or festive soirée, it’s nice to have a few go-to looks. Here are mine:
I love the smell of a Fraser fir filling the house. Since I’m not getting a tree of my own this year, I bought a wreath and the best smelling holiday candle! Cooler temps have finally arrived in Houston, so I’ve been wearing cozy sweaters everyday. I especially like the mock-neck on my cream colored sweater above. It’s easy to throw on with jeans of any shade and under $100. P.S. This is my first pair of distressed denim! It’s hard to tell, but there is a tiny rip below the right knee. It’s my starter pair. 🙂
Earring: Gold Drops (sold out, but will be restocked) silver pair here / Top: black off the shoulder bodysuit / Skirt: Houndstooth Tweed Mini / Wristlet: Faux Fur Pom / Tights: Black Opaque / Booties: Kate Spade, old (similar here)
Above is an outfit I wore to the loveliest India Hicks event in Houston last week. My off-the-shoulder top is actually a bodysuit! It’s the best. My little wristlet is the perfect size to hold your phone, keys, and a lipgloss. FYI: Chanel is reformulating some of their products and including these glosses! If you love a certain shade, now is the time to stock up.
Double the fringe, double the fun! This dress and shoe combo is young and festive. The dress is sold out, but will be restocked soon!
This red midi jumpsuit is the perfect shade of red and perfect for parties! In colder climates it’t be beautiful with a fur coat or stole on top. It comes in petite sizes and for reference, I’m 5’1 and wearing a 2P.